PRACTICE AREAS > EMPLOYMENT LAW AND LABOR LAW
Employment law requires a high degree of knowledge about a client's business operations, as well as an awareness of the interpersonal dynamics within that organization. Braden, Hinchcliffe & Hawley is able to provide counsel to employers to help avoid or minimize the risk of exposure to a lawsuit.
Specific employment matters include:
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Including claimed violations of Title I - Employment, Title II - Public Services, and Title III - Public Accommodations.
- Class Action Litigation
- Disability and Accommodation
- Discrimination and Harassment. Including claimed discrimination on the basis of age, race, disability, gender, and sexual orientation.
- Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and similar State laws
- Federal Civil Rights Acts. Including claimed violations of Title VI, Title IX, 42 U.S.C. 1983, and similar State laws.
- Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE) Hearings
- Privacy, Defamation and Tortious Interference
- Wrongful Termination and Retaliatory Discharge
- State and Federal Whistleblower Laws
- State and Federal Wage and Hour Disputes (FLSA). Including representation before the DLSE and Labor Commission.